Blog
“It’s not true at all.” Brendan Rodgers responds to rumors that he is having a “conflict” with the Celtic board and makes a forceful statement about the matter.
Brendan Rodgers has been giving media interviews in preparation for Saturday’s encounter against Livingston.
Following the dismal 0-0 draw with Kairat Almaty in the Champions League play-off first leg, the Hoops will welcome Livi at Celtic Park this weekend.
Fans chanted “sack the board” both during and after the game, blaming the bad result on the Celtic hierarchy during an unimpressive transfer window.
Rodgers has stated that there is no tension between him and the board, despite his urgent need for new additions to improve the quality of his squad.
There is no dispute between Rodgers and the Celtic directors.
The Northern Irishman reaffirmed that he and the directors are devoted to the football club’s success, and he explained the “cycle” of transfers he hopes to see in Celtic.
He said: “People attempt to identify a conflict between me and the board or me and whoever; however, this is not the case.”
“You are aware that the football club’s board has successfully managed the financial aspects of the game for many years and has operated the club with meticulous precision.”
“My role as the football manager is to genuinely motivate and encourage us to maintain a cycle in which we acknowledge that we will lose some players, but that it does not have the significant impact that it occasionally does.”
“And that we can simply lose significant players and then recruit new ones, rather than waiting.” As a result, I wish for us to be in that cycle; nonetheless, there is absolutely no conflict.
“We all at this club, from the board to myself, aspire to achieve the highest possible level of excellence.”
Rodgers reiterates his contractual worries.
Rodgers later indicated that he is not considering Celtic’s long-term vision for his career, preferring to focus on the present.
He kept going: “I do not consider myself to be a manager in the long term.”
“With the commencement of the season, my thoughts are exclusively focused on football.” I prefer not to think about the contract. If it does, simply consider the football; it will be resolved later.
When asked if he would consider leaving the role, Rodgers reacted with a loud “yes,” much as he did when he joined Leicester City in February 2019.
He said, “There is no possibility.” There is no possibility. There is no possibility! We have previously addressed this issue. It wasn’t warmly accepted.
“So, no, no, listen, I’ve been clear since the beginning. There are no hidden messages, no this and that. I announced that I would stay in this location for three years. I have lived here for three years.
-
Arsenal1 year ago
Sad News Arsenal ex player who is goal scorer confirmed dead this morning
-
Liverpool1 year ago
Sad News Sadio Manè Confirmed Dead Today By Sky Sports Reporters, Open For Full Story 👇
-
Blog1 year ago
“I was forcefully removed from Manchester United squad and now I’ve joined the best team in the world…I will revenge and as a result, I’ve ordered my friend who’s their best player currently to leave there with immediate effect and he has agreed”: Former Man United player angered by United decision to removed him from the squad as he ordered the Club’s best player to leave immediately.
-
Blog11 months ago
Sad News: Manchester United player died when playing for his country England yesterday 😢 😔
-
Blog1 year ago
R.I.P: Formal Real Madrid and France international confirm death this morning
-
Chelsea1 year ago
Breaking New:”Roman Abramovich could get Chelsea back”? Chelsea owner review the conversation between him and Roman Abramovich in. Deal about getting Chelsea back
-
Blog1 year ago
UNBELIEVABLE: Manchester City midfielder KELVIN DE BRUYNE divorced wife this morning after DNA test revealed their 5 years old son belongs to formal Manchester United player
-
Manchester United1 year ago
OFFICIAL NOW: Manchester United announce the signing of 23yr sensational player after beating Liverpool and Madrid for His signature, agreement reached on a 5yr deal, Medical completed – announcement ongoing